This 90-minute presentation is focused on parents of high school students who are interested in learning more about the application process and how to ensure you have the information you need to prepare for the transition to college.
The presentation covers:
- Building college readiness skills
- Student self-advocacy and self-reliance
- Differences between high school and college
- The overall college application process
- Assistive technology consideration with school teams
About the presenter: Dr. Marci Schwartz is the founder of Thrive College Counseling in Los Gatos where she works with students with unique learning profiles. Students have the opportunity to learn the skills necessary for independence and provide support in locating the best college fit to meet their educational and social/emotional needs. She is also an Adjunct Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Stanford University School of Medicine.